Who said philosophy was boring?
- Unfettered by that, they proceeded to indulge themselves in sensual pleasures like sheep. – Al-Ghazali, The Rescuer From Error
- More confusion – more nonsense, – and the nonsense, as usual, dangerous nonsense. – Jeremy Bentham in Anarchical Fallacies about the French Declaration of Rights
- Marriage is the grave of confidence and love. – Olympe de Gouges in The Rights of Woman on the contemporary sad state of marriage
- Christian troops, we are told, are excellent. I deny this. Is someone going to show me some? – Jean-Jacques Rousseau, On the Social Contract (Book IV, Ch VIII)
- Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t. – Margaret Thatcher