- airline: Cathay Pacific
- distance traveled: 8,066mi (12,982km)
- time to destination: 15hrs
- cruising altitude: 31,998ft (9,753m)
- outside air temperature: -49 degrees Celsius
- in-flight dining: terrible
My seat in 36A is next to the window in the wing section. My mom once told me the wingbox is the strongest section of the plane, but I later found out it’s not necessarily the safest. You can die in a plane no matter where you’re sitting. Thinking about Air France Flight 447, I mentally plan out my escape plans for various scenarios: fuselage coming apart in midair (à la Lost), water impact, etc.